Protect Your Family

“PROTECT YOUR FAMILY AGAINST ACCIDENTAL ELECTRICAL CONTACT/ SHOCK” by observing the following safety practices. When using electricity around the house:

  • Do not overload electrical outlets
  • Install Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI)* outlets in the kitchen, bathroom, outdoor receptacles, and other water access areas
  • Do not place electrical appliances near water holding and water storage areas.
  • Place safety covers on all unused wall outlets.
  • Use proper wattage when replacing burned-out bulbs for lamps and lighting fixtures to prevent overheating and risk of fire.
  • Replace burned out light bulbs immediately. Never leave lamp sockets empty.
  • Use an adapter with a ground tab for a three-pronged plug. Never attempt to remove the third prong.
  • Avoid extension cords as a permanent means for wiring. Extension cords should be used only on a temporary basis.
  • Do not connect multiple extension cords.
  • Never run extension cords underneath rugs, carpets, or furniture. Walking on cords can lessen the durability of the cord and possibly cause a fire.
  • Replace faulty electrical products..Never leave small appliances such as hair dryers, curling irons, toasters, radios and tvs within the reach of small children and pets.
  • Never use a fork or knife to remove food objects from a toaster.
  • Keep heating pads and electric blankets on relatively low settings to avoid overheating. Never tuck in the sides or ends of an electric blanket

*GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter is a sensitive device which reacts immediately to a small electric current leak by stopping the flow of electricity.